Thursday, May 20, 2010

Positive vision and sincere motivation

I saw the Dalai Lama on The Today Show this morning. "Positive vision and sincere motivation" is what we need in order to become better human beings, he said. I couldn't agree more, and I'm all about it.

I saw my doctor again today. He was very happy with my progress. He was extremely happy with my food log. I gave all the credit to my Mom, obviously. I've been so tired and out of it I haven't been able to help her in the kitchen at all. And besides that, I never would've known about real food if it weren't for her. She's been a Weston A. Price chapter leader for about 4 years and she's been bugging me to start eating more real food. I only started listening to her about a year and a half ago, and now I have completely given myself over to this way of life, so I owe it all to her.

My doctor was also very pleased with the change in my excema. That was one of my main complaints. I've always had excema come and go in different areas, but I've consistently had it on the inside of my elbows for about 5 years, and just within the last year I got a really bad patch on the inside of my right wrist. It gets inflamed from heat, exercise, sweat, stress, I don't even know what else. Sometimes I can't attribute it to anything, it just gets irritated. It gets painfully itchy, red, swollen, and sometimes bleeds. I try not to scratch it but I can't help it so I scratch, and of course it makes it worse. It's so constant that even if it calms down for a few days and I don't have any flare-ups, the skin itself is damaged. It's scaly and dry and flaky.

My doctor noticed my excema affected skin is more pink, less dry and flaky, and seems to be improving. It also feels softer to the touch, not scaly like lizard skin. I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I have times that the excema gets better for a few days at a time, then it gets bad again. Not that I don't believe I'm getting better or that I will get better, I'm just not sure that's what's happening right now. I'm not expecting results this quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment